Tuesday 6 May 2014

Planning for Animation

1) Inspiration - Our inspiration for our idea has come from the film 'All Stars' this is because there is a part where Jaden is in an exam and he begins to drift off, he then goes into this Paper Samurai world where he dances and defeats the samurai's.

2) How are you going to do this - We are going to do this by recording myself doing an exam, then myself looking outside with people playing football, then i look down at my bag, then using after effects to show me drifting off, in the 'dream' i will be playing football with a group of people and beating them all, this will all be rotoscoped in photoshop.

3) Who with - Maia Creed

4) What is it going to look like - Rotoscoped footage of me defeating a load of boys at football.

5) Structure - It will begin with myself sat in a classroom about to begin and exam, as i sit through a bit of it, i notice boys playing football outside, i then look down at my bag with a football/trainers in it. I then drift into a dream of me playing football with the boys and I'm beat them all, in this dream it will be rotoscope and my person will be detailed and the others will be a bit scribbly. I then wake up and its the end of the test.

6) Form - Rotoscope of football footage

7) Animation type - A mix between a detailed and sketchy rotoscope on Photoshop and occasionally After Effects.

8) Genre Style - Abstract animation short - sports/football based

9) Storyline - The story will begin with Katie sat in an exam which is not really of any interest to her. As she begins the exam she notices boys playing football outside and begins to feel a bit jealous so she looks down at her bag where a football and her trainers are. She then drifts off into a dream which she imagines herself playing football against the boys and beating them all. She drifts back when the exam is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment