Tuesday 6 May 2014

Chick Animation



I firstly downloaded a the picture of the chick, once I had done this I uploaded it onto to Photoshop. When it was on photoshop I unlocked the layer, and used the magic wand tool to cut out the background around the chick so it was transparent. On the original picture of the chick there was an unnecessary back leg which wasn't needed so I used the eraser tool to get rid of it. I then needed to separate all the different parts of the chick that I wanted to move. I did this by using the lasso tool and starting with the wing, went around the wing, i then right clicked the wing and clicked 'Layer via Cut' this made a new layer with the wing in and the original layer didn't have it. As I had deleted the wing it meant there was an empty place were the wing was so I used the 'Clone Stamp' tool to fill it in with the same colour fur. I repeated these steps for the eye and leg. When it came to the beak, I did these steps with just the bottom half of the beak. I also did this for the head to allow it to move, i had to smooth out the fur with the clone stamp after so that it looked neater. Once I done this I imported all the layers into After effects. On after effects i used the parent tool to join the eyes and beak to the head, and the wing, head and leg to the body. I then used the anchor point tool for the body parts. To get the chick to move about I had to click each layer and press R so i could get the rotation, i rotated various parts to move and then used the 'position' key frames to get it to give a flying effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment